Every Job Posted in the Last 5 Years:
Now Hiring! Well educated, responsible, entry to mid-level self-starters:
- Please be an expert in several forms of obscure corporate software that are very expensive and impossible to be trained on outside of our specific field.
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Have at least 3-5 years of experience managing projects and working in our very specific industry.
- A friendly attitude and a willingness to work hard is a must.
- Unpaid internship experience is a plus.
- Bilingual ability is a plus.
- No calls please.
- Compensation: $8/hr.
On Martin Luther King Jr. Day:
In January, when the United States remembered the tragic death of the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., an urban history professor at the University of Buffalo named Henry Louis Taylor Jr., bitterly remarked: “All we know is that this guy had a dream. We don’t know what that dream was.”
“All we know is that this guy had a dream. We don’t know what that dream was.”
Dickinson Square Park
little less lonely.
Let it be known:
I’m sick of the same old clothes,
and smashed bottles, on
the sidewalks for sale.
LET IT ALL FALL!
Forget national flags and pastimes.
I wasn’t surprised when I saw her;
at Dickinson Square Park, our eyes met,
we marched forward with no regrets.
Amy had pale blue eyes. (Really, she did.)
Her thoughts were heavy.
She knew things like night lights and stop signs,
were signals from the dead who lived in past times.
I thought she was right, alright?
But then again:
My thoughts were not sweet lolliPOPs!